Cleaning can be challenging, and there’s no shortcut around it. Especially when you have a demanding job and a hectic schedule, cleaning might often take a back seat. So, for many, the most effective way to keep their houses clean is to require help from a professional cleaner or cleaning service. However, some people cannot help but wonder how much professional cleaning may cost, and thus, hold themselves back from seeking help. Different professional home cleaning services can charge you varying amounts. Typically, the cleaning service you hire will conduct a walkthrough of your property before beginning work to determine the final cost. You can find cleaners who charge by the job, by the hour, by the square foot, or by all of the above. For obvious reasons, cleaning services have gotten increasingly popular in recent times. A cleaning service may provide routine upkeep, occasional cleaning, or specialized cleaning after construction or other major disruptions. Keep reading to learn the up-to-date average prices of professional cleaning services, types of cleaning services, and other common queries!
How Much Does It Usually Cost To Hire A Cleaning Service?Several solutions are available if you need someone to clean your home from top to bottom. House cleaners are available for hire, and they may be individuals doing cleaning on the side or starting their own cleaning service. A professional cleaning service with a solid track record is another option. Independent house cleaners often charge between $22 and $53 per hour. The more experienced the cleaner, the more you may need to pay them. However, if you have a good relationship with them, a little negotiation can easily get you a discount. Hiring an individual cleaner rather than a cleaning service can save you money and give you more flexibility if your cleaning schedule suddenly changes. While these cleaners may not bring their cleaning supplies, they will do a fantastic job if given clear instructions. An hourly rate of $30 to $60 is standard for a cleaning service that is fully licensed, bonded, and insured. When you hire a professional cleaning service, these companies will use high-quality cleaning products and equipment. In most cases, a formal contract is necessary before beginning work, and it may not always be possible to accommodate last-minute schedule changes. On the positive side, reputable cleaning services will likely have a solid track record and glowing web reviews to support their claims. You might be searching for the top professional cleaning services around Georgia. If so, consider checking out UpStraight Cleaning Services. With their advanced cleaning approach and reasonable prices, you are sure to feel satisfied with their service!
Factors That Determine How Much A House Cleaning Service May CostThe standard charge of $168 is a fair starting point. However, we can estimate more accurately after establishing all your cleaning preferences. The standard charge for house cleaning depends on several factors. These commonly include the square footage of the dwelling, the type of business, and the specific duties to be carried out. So what are the most common factors in determining how much a cleaning service may cost?
1. Total Cleaning AreaIt all comes down to square footage when calculating how much it will cost to clean a space. For example, bedrooms, dining rooms, kitchens, bathrooms, and living rooms are some of a home’s most frequently cleaned rooms. Generally, you can expect to pay between $0.10 to $0.17 per square foot for basic cleaning. For deep cleaning, it can cost you $0.11 to $0.22 and $0.22 to $0.33 for move-out cleaning. You should expect to pay more per square foot for larger homes that are also more crowded and difficult to clean. However, as the cost mostly depends on the total cleaning area, cleaning costs will naturally go down if some rooms are off-limits to housekeepers.
2. Type of Cleaning ServiceYou can select one of the various types of cleaning services based on what you prefer. For example, some focus on a more thorough cleaning while others may be better suited to focus on a specific room or area. The standard pricing for house cleaning can also depend on the type you prefer. The most common types are:
- General Cleaning: A general cleaning will typically involve tidying the most common areas of your home. It will also take care of the dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, sweeping, and sanitizing of the kitchen and bathrooms. This cleaning service will typically cost between $100 and $200.
- Deep cleaning: Deep cleaning may involve more prolonged and more labor-intensive jobs. Simply put, clearing heavy filth from bathrooms or kitchens and cleaning baseboards, lamps, furniture, carpets, and walls. This thorough cleaning covers almost every surface from top to bottom (or floor to ceiling). As a result, booking a deep cleaning service on a less frequent basis (monthly, quarterly, or annually) and spending $400 or more is not uncommon.
- Move-in or move-out cleaning: Some areas that need cleaning during a move-in or out are the baseboards, cabinets, ovens, bathrooms, and carpets. The typical price tag for this type of cleaning is between $300 and $500.
- After-event cleaning: A professional cleaning crew can take care of the aftermath of an event, including cleaning up the trash and dishes and putting the room back in order. The typical cost lies between $100 and $400.