Making cleaning solutions at home is not a tough nut to crack. Mostly, you can make them with just the regular stuff lying around. These cleaning solutions work as well as the ones you can buy on the market. And as a bonus, they are a hundred percent natural. So, if you are looking for the 11 effective homemade cleaning solutions, keep reading till the end. Actually, you can make most of the homemade cleaning solutions using cleansing soap, detergents, rubbing alcohol, baking soda, etc. If you look into your pantry closely, you will have all of them lying there. So, you can make a series of cleaners using all this regular stuff. For example – there are all-purpose cleaners, kitchen cleaners, bathroom cleaners, degreasers, tile cleaners, disinfectants, oven cleaners, and so much more! In fact, let’s dig a little deeper and learn how to make all these cleaners in detail!
11 Best DIY Cleaning SolutionsAt first glance, this may sound absurd. How can some DIY regular stuff clean all the stubborn and nasty stains? Deep down, at the molecular level, all these are just strong chemicals. So, yeah, they can do a great job. Now, you can devise your own cleaning solution for your specific purposes. Of course, cleaning the sink with a degreaser won’t do you the job. You will need to prepare each cleaner separately and use each for its own purpose. So, take a look at the 11 best DIY cleaning solutions below.
1. All Purpose CleanerBasically, you can use it on all kinds of surfaces – hence the name. It is pretty easy to make. You will need just two things – One cup of white vinegar and one cup of warm water. You can also use normal-temperature water. But warm water will work more effectively on the dirt. Also, some people use lemon zest or the rinds in the solution. It gives off a lovely smell and also increases efficiency. Just mix everything in a glass bottle, and give it a good shake. Then, spray onto the surface you want to clean! However, since this cleaner contains acidic substances, please do not use it on granite counters or untreated wooden surfaces.
2. Glass CleanerWhen you hear about the ingredients in this stuff, you won’t just believe it! Your DIY glass cleaner needs-
- Isopropyl Alcohol – 125 ml or half a cup
- White vinegar – 125 ml or half a cup
- And the twist: Cornstarch – 1 tablespoon!
3. Kitchen CleanersActually, there is a wide range of cleaners on that list. You have the counter cleaners, degreasers, oven cleaners, floor tile cleaners, etc. Details on these will be discussed in the next part. But here is just a regular kitchen cleaner recipe-
- Ten teaspoons of baking soda
- Four cups of warm water
4. DegreasersFor this solution, you need the following-
- Two tablespoonfuls of fresh lemon juice
- 500 ml of water
- Half a teaspoon of detergent
- One tablespoon of baking soda
5. Oven CleanersMix four tablespoons of liquid detergent, coarse salt, and baking soda, and then add a few drops of vinegar to make a thick paste. Now, apply the paste evenly on the insides of the oven and leave it overnight. After that, scrub it off with warm water. Finally, spray some white vinegar and clean it with a dampened cloth. However, for microwave ovens, mix one part vinegar and four parts water in a bowl. Then, heat it in the microwave for 5 minutes. Let the solution cool down. Now, dip a sponge in it and clean the surfaces.
6. Granite Counter CleanerJust mix some regular detergent into 2 cups of water and 1/4th cup of Isopropyl alcohol. Try to avoid using any acidic component in this mixture. Now, spray on your granite countertops and scrape off the dirt stains. Use a microfiber towel to clean it off.
7. Floor Tiles CleanerYou can use bleaching powder and then clean the tiles. But it gives off a very bad smell. So, instead, mix Borax powder with two gallons of warm water in a plastic bucket. Use as much as you need. Then, spray on the tiles and use a brush to remove the dirt and stains gently. Work well on those tile joints. After that, rinse with clean water and let it dry.
8. Brassware CleanerSome of your kitchen utensils, showpieces, or flower vases you own might be made of brass. And these may have a lot of dirt built ups on them. So, dip a sponge in vinegar or lemon juice and then add a generous amount of table salt on top of it. Now, scrub off the dirt from the brassware with this sponge. In a minute, you will be able to see your reflection in it!
9. Wooden Surface CleanerActually, wooden surfaces are susceptible and vulnerable. They cannot stay moist for long, or the wood starts to decay. Even with polished wood, the risk doesn’t go away. So, to make this cleaner, add liquid soap or detergent to the water and use it to clean. Of course, dry the surface with a microfiber towel after washing.
10. DisinfectantsSurprisingly, vodka works as an excellent disinfectant. It is alcohol, so it has a robust chemical action. For this disinfectant, you will need-
- Half a cup of vodka
- Half a cup of white vinegar
- 20 drops of essential oils – lemon, lavender
- Two cups of warm water
11. Bathroom CleanerActually, there is a straightforward recipe for making a bathroom cleaning solution. It works well on all bathroom fixtures like the shower, faucets, bathtubs, floor, sink, etc. Just mix-
- Half cup of detergent
- Two tablespoonfuls of vinegar
- Half a cup of warm water
- Half cup of baking soda
- Lemon juice (optional)